Equipment : CH-47F Chinook
The Boeing Chinook is a tandem rotor, medium-lift helicopter that meets tactical and combat support mission requirements for military forces around the world. The Chinook is the world’s most reliable and efficient transport helicopter, capable of handling useful loads up to 24,000 lbs. and a maximum gross weight of up to 50,000 lbs. (22,668 kg). Its tandem rotor configuration also provides exceptional handling qualities that enable the CH-47 to operate in climatic, altitude and cross wind conditions that typically keep other helicopters from flying.
- Length: Fuselage – 52.0 ft. (15.9 m) Incl. Rotors – 99.0 ft. (30.18 m)
- Width: 12.42 ft. (3.78 m)
- Rotor Diameter: 60 ft. (18.29 m)
- Height: 18.92 ft. (5.77 m)
- Propulsion: 2 Honeywell 55-GA-714A engines, 4,733 shp (3,529 kW) each
- Speed: 170 kt (315 km/h)
- Fuel: 1,034 gal. (3,914 L)
- Service Ceiling: 20,000 ft.
- Useful Load: 24,000 lbs. (10,886 kg)
- Mission Radius: 200 nm (370.4 km)
- Max Gross Weight: 50,000 lbs. (22,668 kg)
- Mission: Transport troops, artillery, ammunition, fuel, supplies, water in support of combat operations, and civil and humanitarian relief
- Service Customer: U.S. Army, in service since 1962